Highline Virtual Academy is designed for online learning.
Students who thrive in independent and online learning will benefit from Highline Virtual Academy.
Student learning will provide flexibility in a self-paced model. To do this, students will engage in online learning across all middle and high school content areas with rigorous and state-aligned standards.
Student work will be graded by trained teaching staff, and families will receive progress reports throughout the academic year. Students who fulfill graduate requirements will earn a diploma from Highline Virtual Academy.
The core instruction will be delivered through Edgenuity, an online learning platform. Live virtual instruction opportunities include small group and individual support. There will also be face-to-face weekly virtual sessions with staff and students that includes social emotional learning.
Our online platform provides students with:
- A modern and responsive experience with the ability to see grades and progress for all courses at once. This clean view helps students to prioritize their learning time.
- Streamlined organization of course content. A course map incorporates due dates, alert icons, estimated time for activities, and scores for completed work, helping students visualize their own progress.
- Quick access to reports and tools. Students have quick access to their eNotes, a printable assignment calendar, and progress and attendance reports.
- Engaging direct-instruction videos featuring real, on-screen teachers who explain concepts, model strategies, provide examples, and make real-world connections.
- Students can pause and rewind videos as needed to take notes and review concepts to ensure comprehension.
- Translation in more than 60 languages.
- And much more!
Take a Look at Edgenuity
How a Course is Built
See how Edgenuity incorporates the latest research in online learning, neuroscience, educational psychology, and instructional design to create each course.
Lesson Support Demo
Lesson support tools make it easy for students to take notes, build academic vocabulary, and follow along with a lesson transcript.
Curriculum Spotlight: Science Courses
Take a quick look at how our online courses bring scientific concepts to life through engaging instruction and practice.